Cast Iron Damage Public Adjuster
Cast iron pipe damage
Cast Iron Pipe Damage in Florida. If you own a home, in the Miami area, that was built before 1975, you probably have cast iron pipes. When cast iron pipes in South Florida soil come into contact with what runs through waste lines rusting and corrosion are accelerated. This is because of the makeup of the soil, which is particularly moist, and has high salinity levels.
The limited lifespan of cast iron pipes is a fact of life wherever you may reside. However, here in South Florida, the corrosion and deterioration typically starts to set in more rapidly. As the water escapes, it can erode and contaminate the underlying soil. This can eventually cause a total pipe collapse.
Signs you may have Cast Iron Pipe Damage
- Slow drainage
- Water backups in your drain or toilet
- Water-stains on carpet/rug
- Discolored floor tiles and tile grout
- Broken, cracked, or raised floor tiles
- Pest infestation
- Foul smells in or outside your home
- Green or Brown spots on your lawn outside
Cast Iron Pipe Damage Stats
- The average cost to replace your Cast Iron Pipes is $15,000.
- In general you can’t repair Cast Iron Piping,the whole thing needs to be ripped out and replaced.
- If your house was built in the 1970’s your pipes are probably made out of cast iron.
- Although they’re supposed to have a lifespan of 50-75 years and should still be functional today, cast iron pipes are breaking down and failing all across the United States at a rapid pace.
How A Public Adjuster can help you
The initial contact with your insurance carrier is critical. This contact can be the difference between your claim being paid or getting denied.
Differentiating between belongings and property that can be repaired vs replaced can be overwhelming.
The many requirements and the extent of the damage all come into consideration at this point in your Cast Iron Damage insurance claim. It’s hard to properly calculate what amount will effectively cover all the damages to your home. It may seem like the insurance carrier paid you enough. In reality it could require so much more to repair your home and bring it back to Pre-loss condition.
The complexity and time-consuming tasks can be taken off your hands by a Cast Iron Damage Public Adjuster.
Let us help represent you and help you navigate your cast iron damage insurance claim.