Roof Damage Public Adjuster
Roof damage can be difficult to see and often the signs of damage are hidden or hard to find. Some signs to look for are darkened spots on the roof, knocked off roof granules and loose or broken shingles. Also be aware of more noticeable damage such as water spots or stains on ceilings and walls, in corners or around windows. You may think that its only one shingle that’s missing its no big deal, however even one missing or broken roof shingle can have catastrophic effects on the roof.
What Insurance Carriers typically try to do is just payout for a patch on the Roof. In general the roof actually needs to be replaced entirely, as opposed to just being patched. A patch it only a temporary fix and not only does it lowers the value of the roof and the house itself but is also prone to leaks.
Common Types Of Roof Damage Insurance Claims
- Loss of roof shingles or granules.Loss of shingles or granules exposes sensitive layers of the roof that are meant to be protected thus causing to interior roof leaks.
- Fallen trees or debris: High winds caused by Hurricanes and Storms can uproot trees, toppling them over onto your roof and damaging it structurally. Debris can also be carried by the force wind inflicting serious roof damage.
- Blistering: Develops underneath the shingles. The blistering will eventually pop and expose the underlayment of the roof, making further roof damage and leaks a possibility.
Roof Damage Tips
- If you have a Roof Leak cover it up with a tarp right away to prevent further damage.
- After a major windstorm or event get a roof inspection done to rule out any damages.
- Document every thing including any leaks inside the house and what rooms the Roof Leaks are in.
How A Public Adjuster Can Help You
The initial contact with your insurance carrier is critical. This contact can be the difference between your claim being paid or getting denied.
Differentiating between belongings and property that can be repaired vs replaced can be overwhelming.
The many requirements and the extent of the damage all come into consideration at this point in your Roof Damage damage insurance claim. It’s hard to properly calculate what amount will effectively cover all the damages to your home. It may seem like the insurance carrier paid you enough. In reality it could require so much more to repair your home and bring it back to Pre-loss condition.
The complexity and time-consuming tasks can be taken off your hands by a Roof Damage Public Adjuster.
Let us help represent you and help you navigate your Roof Damage insurance claim.